Sunday, September 1, 2013

1910s Green Wool Edwardian Victorian Suit - A must see!

Several weeks ago I got up super early and drove to an estate sale about an hour away on the Florida/Alabama border, about an hour away.  The sale, conducted by my friend Justin and his mom Pat advertised Victorian clothing.  We just don't get much of that here in the deep South. I really wanted to get my hands on it.  I was probably about the 50th person in line although I got there an hour early.  I was still the first one to the clothing.....I'm fast!  My favorite find of the sale was this amazing turn of the century Edwardian/Victorian green wool suit.  What an amazing find!  And even more amazing was the condition, especially for a piece of clothing of this age.  Check it out!  









I've included the flaws above which are a small spot (about dime size) on the front bottom of the suit.  It is minimal and not really noticeable unless pointed out, but worth noting.  It is the pic in the top right corner.  Another similar one on the top front of the skirt, again not really noticeable, especially when worn with the jacket because the jacket covers it up (the largest pic).  The last is a pin hole on the back/side of the skirt.  As you can see, it's super tiny and hard to find.  How often do you find a piece of clothing made of wool that's 100 years old that hasn't had a "moth party" on it?

Head on over to SassySisterVintage and check it out on there too!

I will be doing a blog post soon on our most recent photo shoot.  My most gorgeous and talented friend Piper did the modeling.  You really should check her blog out!  Here it is piperbydesign.blogspot.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment