Monday, April 16, 2012

My Drink of Choice

.........for the mornings that is.  I've been asked from time to time what I do to stay in shape.  I am a 40 something gal and have been fortunate enough to have always maintained a healthy weight all of my life.  First of all, No, I don't eat anything I want.  I *work* at staying fit every day.  I work out on average 4 times a week for an hour.  P90X and my treadmill have been my workouts of choice for the past 2 years. It is a lifestyle that takes effort but it's worth it!  I've been drinking these yummy smoothie shakes every morning for the past 3 1/2 years:   They pretty much keep me going until lunch time.








Fruit Smoothie Shake

You can add any type of fruit you'd like.  On this day I added:
*  A cup of blueberries and a cup of chopped mangos.
*  One banana
*  1 scoop of protein.  I add chocolate and it tastes good to me with the fruit but there's many flavors to choose from.
*  1 Tbsp of flax seed
*  Agave Nectar to sweeten to your liking
*  A little water .....I've never measured how much water I put in.  It's probably about 1/4 cup or so and just depending on how thick or thin you'd like your shake.
*  About 10 cubes of ice
Blend to the consistency of a milk shake.  It makes one huge cup.

****I've added all kinds of fruit.  Sometimes I add walnuts or almonds.  Also, I typically use coconut oil but I happen to be out at the moment.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment