Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweet 16 and Seaside Yard Sale

This past weekend my husband and I made it down to the Destin, Fl area, about 2 hours from our house.  Firstly, to celebrate 16 years of being married and secondly, I was interested in going to a *glorified* yard sale in Seaside, just east of Destin.   When I say glorified, I mean that it's a really good one.  It's many artists trying to sell their wares and dealers selling their vintage/antique collections.  Along with a menagerie of other people trying to sell their stuff, but there really is no ugly junk (just good junk!).  It's truly the best yard sale you could ever find.

Duane and me started out going to the Melting Pot that night.  I tried to take a picture of the table and roses that he had sitting there for me when we arrived.  However the flash on my camera was not working and it was so dark in the restaurant.  So frustrating!

I ended up going in the bathroom and taking a pic and hoping that no one would come in and think "what the heck is that lady doing taking a picture of herself in the mirror?"  I wanted to take at least one pic to show you my awesome vintage leopard print fur coat that I always get so many compliments on.  Luckily no one came in.

Early the next morning, I woke up and headed down to the sale.  Minus hubby who has no interest in getting up that early to go to a yard sale.  I'm quite happy doing this alone though ;-)

The sale takes place right across the street from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.  As you can see, I'm not the only one interested in being here on this "coldish" morning.

A vintage table with  cool new "reclaimed wood" top.  Love it!


Wooden coat racks/hooks made from reclaimed wood.



This lady had a really beautiful collection.



Hey, we had on matching coats!  This lady was selling her vintage clothing along with some funky home decor.  She was here last year too!  I really like her finds.  She has great taste and she's so sweet and friendly.  I do believe that her items can also be found at Shangri-la, a vintage clothing shop in Ft. Walton Beach.

Some more of her things.

.....and more.



Another booth sporting the cutest handmade children's kitchens.


I remember this lady from last year who makes women's skirts from vintage inspired fabric.  The skirts are adorable and so is she!  Love her fun style.




This cute couple had a really fun collection.  I bought some vintage clothing from them.



I loved these handmade belt buckles this lady made.  She's on Etsy but I've misplaced her card.


And more miscellaneous pics......







Can you believe that I didn't get a picture of the beaches across the street from the sale?  The crystal clear beautiful blue/green water and white sand.  It was such a whirlwind day.  I did get a pic of the very choppy water as we were leaving though.

No comments:

Post a Comment